By Neepa Sevak
Miscarriage Prevention - Homeopathy and Habitual Abortions
Habitual termination of a pregnancy without a baby in arms can be physically and mentally traumatic and difficult to deal with. If you have had, several miscarriages and are speculating whether you will ever uphold a healthy pregnancy then this article is for you. Ejection of the unborn offspring from the uterus, prior to the entire development of the placenta is termed abortion. This may happen any time before 28 weeks of gestation however is more common during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. When any woman repetitively aborts her fetus at a definite stage of pregnancy, for three or more consecutive pregnancies it is called habitual abortion. Habitual abortion implicates concerns that are manifold. For a wholesome pregnancy, it is imperative for both men and women to have the most favorable health.
Causes of Habitual Abortion
- Unidentified cause
- Congenital structural defect of the cervix or uterus
- Chromosome deformity
- Defect in the reproductive cell of the mother or father or time of egg implantation
- Blood incompatibility of husband and wife
- Hormonal imbalance like lack of progesterone or hormonal abnormalities like defective corpus luteum function, which is responsible for establishing and maintaining pregnancy in females
- Pelvic Inflammatory disease, fibroid tumors, Polycystic Ovarian Cysts Disease
- High blood pressure, diabetes, kidney diseases, thyroid disorders
- Problems with immune system
- Thrombophilia (blood clotting disorder), anemia
- Chronic constipation, Inflammatory bowel disease
- Viral, bacterial or fungal infection or acquired through sexually transmitted diseases.
- Excessive use of certain drugs such as painkillers, antibiotics, tranquilizers, hormones, anti cancer agents, etc
- Exposure to certain chemicals, X-Rays and other environmental toxins
- Excessive physical or mental stress
- Smoking, alcohol and substance abuse
- Nutritional deficiencies
Symptoms of Habitual Abortion
- Abdominal pain similar to labor pains
- Bleeding with discharge of tissue
Homeopathic Approach to Habitual Abortion
Homeopathy has a definite outcome to increase prospects of advancing your pregnancy in most patients. Homeopathic treatment for habitual abortion focuses both on physical and emotional imbalances in a person. Homeopathy plays a constructive role in treating habitual abortion by reinforcing the reproductive organs in both men and women, by improving uterine hostility and by regulating hormonal balance. The homeopathic constitutional approach also aides by mounting the thickness of the uterine lining and preventing the uterus from contracting hence abating chances of a miscarriage, it corrects placental insufficiency and can increase the quality and quantity of sperm count in men. The remedies furthermore help improve the patient’s immunity hence acting as prophylactic against infectious and systemic diseases. It can also be advantageous in reducing anxiety and grief caused by recurrent loss of pregnancy. Furthermore, reducing these overwhelmed emotions can help the embryo implantation take place in a favorable environment. Homoeopathy is a system of medicine directed at assisting the body's own healing process.
Self Care Measures
- Have a complete medical check up if you are planning to get pregnant.
- See your doctor as soon as possible if you think you might be pregnant.
- Eat a normal well balanced diet.
- Avoid refined carbohydrates, caffeine, foods leading to constipation.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol, drugs.
- Do not use any medicines including non-prescription drugs without medical advice.
Although you might have had repeated miscarriages, you still have a possibility of having a baby. Hence, homeopathy can help you enjoy a healthy family life and encourage your likelihood of a wholesome pregnancy by strengthening and bringing the body back into balance.