About the Distance Learning Program
This course is a practical and comprehensive introduction to first aid and acute care problems using classical homeopathy. It is based on the acclaimed Distance Learning Course designed by Todd Rowe, MD, CCH, DHt, who has successfully trained hundreds of students. This program is licensed through the Arizona State Board of Private Postsecondary Education and approved by the American Institute of Homeopathy. A Certificate of Completion is awared at the end of each course.
There are two courses offered:
- Introduction to Homeopathy (DL # I) which is a 40-hour course. Two lecture CDs are delivered, together with a third CD which contains transcripts of the lectures. The course includes some reading, practice cases, 3 quizzes, and costs $850.00 for physicians and $450.00 for anyone who is not an MD or DO. At the conclusion of the course, you would be able to treat first aid and acute problems.
- Intermediate Homeopathy (DL # II) which is a 50 hour course. There are 3 lecture CDs, and 7 video cases which are loaned to you. The course includes some reading, practice cases, 2 quizzes, and costs $850.00 for physicians and $450.00 for anyone who is not an MD or DO.
Curriculum and Prerequisites
Homeopathic Distance Learning I Program
There are no prerequisites to the Homeopathic Distance Learning I Program. Professionals and non-professionals are welcome. Each class consists of lectures on Theory and Philosophy, Materia Medica, repertory work and case work addressing first aid and acute care. Reading assignments, homework and quizzes are also included. This course by itself is an excellent experience for lay people wanting to competently use homeopathic remedies in their general health regime. It is also designed to be the foundation course for those wanting to continue their studies for practitioner status in our 3-year program. Course descriptions can be found here.
Homeopathic Distance Learning II Program
Students must have completed the Homeopathic Distance Learning II Program, or equivalent. The course includes seven video cases. For legal and patient confidentiality reasons, the tapes can only be loaned to students. Suggested loan period is one month. Students are requested to sign a confidentiality agreement. Course description and competencies can be found here.
Books for Both Programs
- Boericke, William, MD, Materia Medica with Repertory (or Vermeulen, Franz, Concordant Materia Medica)
- Kent, James Tyler, MD, Repertory to Homeopathic Materia Medica
- Morrison, Roger, MD, Desktop Guide to Keynotes and Confirmatory Symptoms
- Rowe, Todd, MD(H), Homeopathic Methodology
- Vithoulkas, George, Science of Homeopathy
Contact the Director of the Distance Learning Program with questions.
Why Become an Acute Care Practitioner
1. Treatment Success for Acute Conditions: You will be trained, as an acute care homeopathic practitioner, for successful treatment of patients in first aid and acute conditions.
2. Foundational Training: Training for an acute care homeopathic practitioner comprises 40-100 hours of either campus-based or via distance learning education.
3. Add Value to Your Practice: Training as an acute care homeopathic practitioner can be added to your existing practice or used as a stand-alone healing modality.
4. Laying the Foundation for Future Growth as a Homeopathic Practitioner: Homeopathic acute care education lays a solid foundation for your future growth as a homeopathic practitioner.
5. The Benefits of Homeopathic Medicine: As a homeopathic acute care practitioner you learn to use a system of healing that is gentle, natural, inexpensive, effective and curative of chronic disease.
6. Eligibility for Acute Care Homeopathic Certification: Homeopathic acute care programs contribute to making the student eligible for acute care certification for medical and osteopathic physicians.
7. Growing Demand: As a homeopathic acute care practitioner you will be meeting the growing demand for alternative options in healthcare.