The AMCH Homeopathic Practitioner Program is an accredited program through the Acccreditation Commission on Homeopathic Education in North America and is licensed through the State of Arizona Private Postsecondary Board of Education. The next Homeopathic Practitioner Program class starts in August of each year. This program is offered in both a real time synchronous online format and in a classroom format. Online students interact live with the instructor during class. The program is a three year part-time program that encompasses 1216.5 clock hours (506.5 clinical hours or 577.5 CHC equivalent clinical hours). Students attend an average of two weekends per month over three years. This program is specifically designed for both non-licensed and licensed health care professionals to practice classical homeopathy. Potential students can sign up to visit a class or enroll in a single class rather than an entire program (non-matriculation).
The Homeopathic Practitioner Program provides a solid preparation for the professional practice of homeopathic medicine. It is based on a firm academic and practical foundation using the fundamental principles and philosophy of homeopathic medicine. The curriculum is designed to enable students to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet the educational learning objectives of the program and the career in which they are being prepared for. Clinical training is integrated fully into the program and includes extensive participation in the AMCH clinics, mentorship as well as supervision. Development of business and marketing skills is also an important part of the program. Professionalism and humanism are the hallmarks of the programs as they are designed to foster the sense of students as members of a learning community and members of the homeopathic profession.
Slow Track and Non-Matriculation Options
Students can elect to go through the Homeopathic Practitioner Program more slowly than the usual three years. The Slow Track option allows students to complete the program in as long as 4 1/2 years.
Students can also elect to non-matriculate in the program. Non-matriculation allows students to take courses in the program without enrolling or completing the program. Non-matriculating students must meet all prerequisites for courses they enroll in and some courses may not be eligible for non-matriculation. Contact the Enrollment Director for further information. A student may take up to a maximum of 18 quarter-credits as a non-matriculating student in the AMCH Homeopathic Practitioner Program.
Licensure, Accreditation and Certification
This program is licensed through the Arizona State Board of Private Postsecondary Education, since 2000. This program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission on Homeopathic Education in North America since 2003.
Effective in January 2018, the Council for Homeopathic Certification (the national homeopathic certifying body) has created the following policy:
"The following educational requirements are effective for new applications received for exams to be
taken after January 1, 2018: All US and Canadian trained applicants must attend schools/programs
that have either had their curriculum approved or are fully accredited by ACHENA."
Requirements for admission, including both prerequisties and co-requisites can be found here.
Online and Campus Based Learning
Why Become a Homeopathic Practitioner?
Choosing a Career in Homeopathic Medicine is a booklet that describes in more detail the reasons to puruse a career in homeoapthic medicine.
1. Treatment Success: You will be prepared for successful treatment of patients in first aid, acute and chronic conditions.
2. Certification: As a homeopathic practitioner you are eligible for national certification in homeopathy, greatly increasing your credibility.
3. Foundational Training: Your training as a homeopathic practitioner comprises 500-1200 hours of either campus-based or distance learning education.
4. Add Value to Your Practice: You can incorporate your training as a homeopathic practitioner into your existing practice or use it as a stand-alone healing modality.
5. Laying the Foundation for Future Growth as a Homeopathic Doctor: Homeopathic practitioner education lays a solid foundation for you to continue your education as a homeopathic doctor.
6. The Benefits of Homeopathic Medicine: You will learn a system of healing that is gentle, natural, inexpensive, effective and curative of chronic disease.
7. Growing Demand: As a homeopathic practitioner you will help meet the growing demand for alternative options in healthcare.
8. Make a Good Living: You can make a good living as a homeopathic practitioner practicing homeopathy. The national average of income for full time homeopathic practitioners is $65,000 per year.
9. Become Part of an Emerging Profession: By becoming a homeopathic practitioner you will become part of an emerging health care profession in North America and join with homeopathic practitioners from around the country.
About AMCH Programs
AMCH programs are licensed by the Arizona Board of Private Postsecondary Education. AMCH is institutionally accredited through the Accreditation Commission on Homeopathic Education in North America. The AMCH Viewbook provides an overview and summary of AMCH Programs. Potential students can sign up to visit a class or enroll in a single class rather than an entire program (non-matriculation). The ebook Choosing a Career in Homeopathic Medicine provides an introduction to homeopathic education and the reasons for pursuing a career in homeopathic medicine.